01 June 2011

Interview with Ioana George of Fashezine


Ioana George of Fashezine








Tell us about yourself and what do you do?


After finishing a Master in branding and management for luxury goods, I decided to take some time off for travelling and other personal projects, such as blogging. Yet now that this period is coming to an end I am seriously considering moving countries (from Bucharest Romania, to Paris, France) in order to work in the fashion industry, as a buyer hopefully. I'm also considering establishing a small fashion brand, yet I am still working on the business plan.



Describe your personal style.

I would have to say it is best described by ladylike femininity, as a dear fellow blogger once said. It is an eclectic mix of young, up-and-coming designer, and iconic vintage pieces, with an emphasise on quality fabrics, and interesting textures and prints.


What are your passions?


Fashion is the first that comes to my mind, for obvious reasons. But I also love writing, taking photos (not posing for them, but actually taking them), and more than anything, reading. I think I could do without anything other than books.





What is your blog fashezine about?
Fashezine is a journey. My journey through fashion's history, present and past. It is my evolution as a person, and how this evolution is reflected by my personal style.


Do you follow some trends?

Generally, I think that everyone should have a personal style that is timeless and that is not subjective to trends. However there are some that I just can't ignore. For example, pattern clashing is one that I keep wanting to try because I think it represents a very original, personal, and creative take on fashion.






What era do you think you belong?


Lovely question! I think I'm torn between the Victorian era and the 20s and 30s. Although now that I think about it, I'm crazy about 50s pin-up too :)

What are your favorite brands?

This really is a difficult one as there are so many, from Manoush to Chloe and Marc Jacobs. The 'big ones' too, of course, but Sandro and American Vintage too. Oh, and lately I've developed an obsession for Rodarte and Mary Katrantzou.


Top 3 places you want to visit and why?

Los Angeles – one of my all-time favorite place.
Hong Kong – a place I've always wanted to visit because I'm sure it is a most interesting mix of colors, smells, textures.
Iceland  I love the Nordic countries, thus I think Iceland is a must see. Plus, the scenery is breathtakingly beautiful and mysterious.






Do you have a signature look?
Full skirts that start at the waist, high-heels, bright colors, dresses, and anything ultra-feminine. I think my ultimate goal is a sort of over-the-top Marie Antoinette.


Style Advice that you can give to all the readers?
As difficult as it may be sometimes, do try and find something that defines you in terms of personal style, make it yours and own the look.





Your message to Kathastrophee?
Do what you love and never forget to be kind to others and smile!




Sites:

Like Fashezine on Facebook here


Photo courtesy of Ioana George
















































0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Kathastrophee 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis