08 February 2012

Sushi Day!


Sushi Day!
 I'm at my friend's house. We had Sushi for dinner. So the title should be "Sushi night" instead of Sushi day?  We ended up calling this as a Sushi day because we already planned to have sushi for Wednesday and we all came there late.




And here, I'll show and tell you how to make sushi.
First, the things you needed to make sushi.
-A bamboo rolling mat (Makisu)
-Cutting board
-A sharp knife 
-glass bowl
-Medium grain rice
-Rice vinegar
-SugarNori Seaweed or soybean paper (for rolls)
-Wasabi (Japanese horseradish mustard)
-Gari (pickled, thinly sliced ginger)
-Fish
-seafood, fruits or vegetables as desired
-Soy sauce

The Preparation method: 
Centre one sheet of nori on a bamboo sushi mat. The nori should lay on the rolling mat with the rough side facing upwards.
In a small bowl, mix the rice vinegar, sugar and salt. Blend the mixture into the rice.
Get your hands wet, and make about a handful of rice to a ball of rice. It's important to keep your hands wet while working with sushi rice because it is sticky.
 Gently put the rice ball in the middle of the nori sheet, and start spreading it equally on the nori. 
Arrange 1/4 of the cucumber, ginger, mango and seafood of your choice in a line down the centre of the rice. Lift the end of the mat, and gently roll it over the ingredients, pressing gently. Roll it forward to make a complete roll. Repeat with remaining ingredients.

Now, It's time to show our own sushi.



 
Visit my Tumblog guys! http://kathleenmunchmunch.tumblr.com/


  Back then, my friend used to made me sushi but I think I didn't like the taste of the nori /Japanese roasted seaweed but now I think I’m used to the taste of it and I kinda actually like it compared before :D

1 comments:

© Kathastrophee 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis